One thing that has been a learning experience for me is the attention that sometimes my project gets. I don't think about it much but since I've been doing this for awhile, it looks like a lot. But I've learned to answer questions and explain what it is I do and how other people can help. I figure that I'm just the person standing up so people ask me the questions.
Actually, there are hundreds of kids that have helped me that are a part of TayBear and there are businesses that show their heart by helping as well. So any recognition to TayBearis for everyone that has helped to give TayBears to kids with cancer (and chronic blood disorders) and I think that's a good thing for them to know how important it is to help.
- People Magazine chosen for "Heroes Among Us" Award. November 2006
- CBS News "The Early Show" feature on Heroes, November 2006
- People Magazine feature article, Inspiration and Impact. January 2006
- Prepvolleyball.com feature article, Making Life Bear-able. February 2006
- U.S. congressman Darrell Issa. Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition April 12, 2007
- U.S. President's Volunteer Service Award. Silver Level 1997, Gold Levels 1998-2006.
Senator Barbara Boxer. Letter of Appreciation
- TAYLOR CRABTREE DAY named for community service by her hometown, Vista California.
- Certificate of Appreciation from U.S. Congressman Ron Packard
- Certificate of Recognition from California State Senator Bill Cravens
- Ernst & Young Junior Entrepreneurial Achievement Award
- Ambassador for the Millennium Dreamers. 1 of 1000 US children (2,000 world wide) chosen for their effort to make a difference in our world. A one time event sponsored by Disney.
- Honorary Member of The Young Entrepreneur Organization (YEO) and youngest member
- Angels in Action 2004 Award by Angel Soft. One of 11 kids chosen for community service.
- Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge-George Washington Honor Medal
- Channel 10 News San Diego Leadership Award
Radio (1070) Los Angeles Citizen of the week
* Certificate of Appreciation from U.S. Congressman Randy "Duke" Cunningham
that feature Taylor and her work with TayBear:
- "Angels in the Work Place" by Melissa Giovagnoli (ISBN:078794369X).
- A Kid's Guide to Money Cents" by Kelty Thomas (ISBN:1553373901).
- "Spirit In The City" by Ross Heaven (ISBN:0553813242).
- Chosen by American Girl Magazine as their "STAR KID".
- Chosen by Land's End for the magazine cover and for their "BORN HERO" award
- Television Commercial by Union Bank of California in 1997 which featured Taylor and her Taybear company. "We help even the little businesses."